August 12, 2012

Vacations... and back!


Having overworked myself for the last too-many months (which also explains the lack of posts here), it was finally time to get some vacations from paid work...

And no better kickoff for my vacations than 10 days abroad with my wife and 3 kids, enjoying the beach, swimming pools, nice meals...
In other words, empty my head, have fun and refill my batteries before getting back to Hackintoshing and improving my Realtek RTL81xx kext.

While Software development is both my profession and my hobby, there's one other thing I'm passionate about: R/C (Radio-Control) planes!

Lucky me!
I found an hotel with not just a pool for us all to relax, but also with a flying field for me to have some "stick-time" !

Surprisingly (or not?), R/C modelling seems to be extremely popular among Software Developers, IT guys, SysAdmins and all-around Hackers.

And, this got me thinking...

Are you too an R/C Enthusiast ?

So, stay tuned for news in the coming weeks...

8 comments:

  1. WB! i didn't know you had left us but i was wondering why we hadn't heard anything for a while. Looking forward to your continued work!
    Thanks,
    g\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Anonymous: Thanks!
      Didn't "really" leave, but, as said, was totally swamped with work.
      Missed blogging, working on my kext, flying my RC planes, tweaking my hackintosh, and sleeping too ;)
      Glad to be back with renewed energy, and excited for the time to come!

      Delete
  2. Great to hear... So theres hope for working WOL again :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. And releasing the source !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly !
      I'm currently working on a new version.
      Several bug fixes and code cleanup to be released with source. Stay tuned :)

      Delete
  4. http://www.tonymacx86.com/linux/77466-lnx2mac-appreciation-thread.html

    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @tonymacx86: Haha, I appreciate your appreciation thread :)

      Delete